Monday, July 20, 2009

So it begins...


2nd Birthday Pictures

So I haven't really ever felt the urge to blog until recently. Here's the story...
So the other day we were at Macaroni Grill having dinner with my Aunt and Uncle as well as my cousin Katie and her niece who were in town for the night. It was pretty late about 7:30pm when I arrived (I had to meet everyone because I was in school of course) and my daughters' bedtime is normally 8:00pm so I knew we were pushing our luck having that ticking time bomb out that late. However, the evening was going very well, the food was great, Ansley was holding up as well as she could considering she had not had a nap at all that day (because she was with her cousins, and she doesn't sleep on those days because there is just so much excitement - I don't blame her). During dinner Ansley was starting to lose her patience and would not stop screaming about how she wanted out of her seat, how she didn't want to sit with Daddy, how she didn't want to sit with Mommy, how she didn't want to sit by herself. Well Steven and I have no problem putting her on "time-out" wherever we are, so we put her on time out in the restaurant. Fortunately it was pretty loud so no one was bothered by my child's screaming. Steven and I always let her think about why she is on time out before we go and talk to her, so when she was ready this was the conversation I had with my 2 year old...

Mommy - "Ansley do you know why you are on time out?"

Ansley - "No."

M - "Ansley why are you on time out?"

A - "I don't know!"

M - "Ansley why are you on time out?"

A - "I was throwing a fit...(in a very soft voice)."

I couldn't help myself when she said that, I started laughing and hugged her and then proceeded to tell the whole table the story. Which of course because it was all my family said "I wonder where she got that from?"

Anyways, so the next day I told my Mom this story and she told me that I need to be keeping track of these moments because I will forget them, but I just don't like to write all that information down, it makes my hand hurt. She then told me that if you blog, you can archive all your history and she heard from a friend of hers that there is a company that will print your archives into a book for you. So I thought that was such a great idea that I started blogging today! So here I am, these entries many be long, but in fact its really for me, not anyone else, so you are welcome to visit and see whats new, but my main goal is so I can have something for my kids to see when they are older about when they grew up...

3 comments:

  1. So wonderful to see you blogging! It is true - you can have photo books printed to keep this "cyber journal" for the future. I look forward to more posts! Let's link our blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah! How fun blogging will be. I figure when we have kids eventually it really will be a good journal, in the mean time ours is mostly just fun things here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited that you started a blog! It was so nice seeing you last Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete